Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What's In A Name?

Hello Divas,

After a series of unfortunate events, I have decided to get up and write it out as I used to do in my younger days! And what could soothe my soul at such an hour? Fashion! Yes, my love of all things glittery and gold is like a sweet, yet managed, addiction that I dont want to let go. Call me a girly-girl or a fashionista, and I will proudly claim to be all of the above!

Introducing The Lipstick Lounge
So...it is not hard to see that this is the very first blog post in The Lipstick Lounge and I am proud to say AlluringDiva.com is still a work in progress (more details coming soon), but our blog is now officially live and available for your viewing pleasure. Yes, you heard me right! The name of our online sexy women's clothing boutique is Alluring Diva and this will be the blog attached to the site. After months and months of tossing names around, my partner and I were finally able to come up with a name that we were satisfied with, but most importantly, had an available domain name! This was the most difficult task in our selection process, because it truly seems that all of the good names were TAKEN! Could you imagine if our names were selected this way and could only be used once until the person using it "expired"???

A Little Bit About Me
To start, I will have you know that my ENTIRE name was recycled. From my first name belonging to my mother, my middle name borrowed from my cousin and, of course, my last name coming from my father. Long story short - there was nothing original about it! Despite taking the easy way out when naming their first born child and taking this recycling thing to a whole new level (for women, at least), a Star was born. That's me, Star (my first name means "little star" in Spanish)!

AlluringDiva.com
What I have learned throughout this whole "naming the store" process is that selecting the proper name for your business is very important and can end up being a tedious process. When you have found the right name, it can still have a special meaning that exemplifies class, exudes style (in our case) and also makes it unique (thanks to the internet - we had no choice), even in today's online market. I love having two unique names, and not the kind people get from doing something silly when they were three! We are in the business of fashion and being timeless in this industry equals longevity! I know our name will speak to you, our clients; the way our clothes will make you feel when you put them on, and the way you will look while showing them off! Facebook get your servers ready, I feel some photo op's coming on! :)


Thanks for checking us out! Please check back for fashion, beauty, and fitness news, as well as the launch of our online store, coupons, open calls, events, and more!


"Any girl can flirt, but real women Allure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment